Sunday, August 8, 2010

DAY SEVEN...

We didn't have training today but they have the day marked in our folders so I'll tell you about our day.


We were able to kennel our dog, because we were leaving for several hours today.  We drove down to San Diego.  We were going to church to a deaf congregation.  We left a little early so that we could stop off at the San Diego Temple




You can see this temple from the freeway.  It's a beautiful temple.  It has all stained glass windows.  (I love stained glass windows, I really want one in our house.)  I bet the windows are gorgeous inside during the day.

We were able to take some pictures.  The temple is being painted, so half of it was covered with scaffolding though.

We are planning on coming back in a year or so with the whole family.  It will be nice to get pictures of the family in front of the temple.

We did get some pictures of  C and us.

Except for going to church, this has been a laid back day.  I'm glad; C needed a break from all the training.  And so did we.

We have been having issues with C wanting to use our leash (and be in control of the dog, of course.)  We kept giving him different kinds of leashes but he kept complaining and wanting our leash.  (I thought maybe he wanted a blue leash like ours.) He didn't want any of the leashes we tried.  Finally, we gave him a choice of 4 leashes.  A striped 3 foot (the service students get these), a retractable leash, a 2 ft blue leash, and a 4 ft blue leash.  I thought he would choose a blue one since that is the color we use.  But he choose the striped one.  We can actually shorten it to lease than 3 ft if we want to.  Now the rule is, if he pulls on the dog, we take the leash from him.  We can't have the dog getting confused by C pulling it a different way.  The other kids have  striped leashes also, so maybe that is why he choose that one.

We had mentioned to the trainers that C didn't really seem to want to brush the dog or play with it, etc.  They said it could take up to year for C to really bond with the dog.  Today at dinner, I went to sit down.  I had the dog lay down, and then C wanted me to move.  So we started rearranging ourselves thinking that C wanted to sit next to the dog.  But no, it was just that I was going to sit between him and Nanny S and he wanted to sit next to her. LOL  (For my parents "LOL" means "laughing out loud.")

I'm glad that I'm announcing which dog we were assigned.  I'm getting kind of tired of saying "the dog" all the time.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment