Thursday, August 12, 2010

DAY ELEVEN...

This morning, we had the written examination. I thought that this test was part of the public access test, but I was wrong.:) This is CCI’s way to see if we are responsible enough to take care of our dog.
The public access test was after lunch. It was short and sweet, except for the temper tantrum that C performed for us at the end of the test. This mall has a carousel and C rode it on Tuesday. We had told him that he could ride it again, but we had to go outside to and outdoor “restaurant” for part of the test. C was very upset that we were going outside. Then he started hitting Nanny S. To keep a long story short, C did not get to ride the carousel.

We won’t know until 11:00 tomorrow morning on whether we passed or not.

We had a short lecture today on “Going Home”. I have a letter that I’ll be sending to my family and friends near us about the rules of interacting with C’s new dog. I’m going to try to email it tomorrow.

I neglected to talk about the meals here. There are volunteers that bring in a HUGE lunch each day. These meals have been delicious. The lunch yesterday had a Hawaiian theme so the volunteers wore Hawaiian attire and gave us leis. Another time, one of the volunteers brought flowers to place in vases as centerpieces. The flowers have lasted almost a week.

Some of the meals have been:

pork
mac n cheese
quiche
sandwich wraps
enchiladas
chili—this was the best chili I’ve ever tasted
lettuce salads
fruit salads

Tomorrow we are supposedly eating lasagna. Too bad I can’t eat it.:(

(I have actually been very good at staying on my diet!!!)

There are also cold cereal, muffins, doughnuts, chips, soda, fruits, juice, cookies, pastry, bagels, and popcorn available for breakfast and snacking through out the day.

The volunteers here at CCI are amazing. They come in to feed the dogs and clean the kennels. They bathe the dogs, etc. And then of course they do the lunches during team training. Also, the puppy raisers are volunteers. There will actually be a lecture tomorrow on puppy raising.

No comments:

Post a Comment