Sunday, October 3, 2010

Definition of a broken record:

This was a conversation that I had with M this morning (who is 3 turning 9, she says).

"Mom, can I wear my new dress?"

"No, M."

"Mom, can I wear my new church dress?"

No, M."

"Mom, can I wear my new dress that you bought me?"

"No, M."

"Mom, can I wear my new church dress.  The one you bought me?"

"No, M."

I swear, this went on for at least 10 or 15 minutes.  I'm sure she thought I didn't know which dress she was talking about.  By the end of the conversation, I was laughing so hard, I couldn't answer her.


So, what is a definition of a broken record?  A three year old who won't take no for an answer!!!


****Disclaimer:  The reason M could not wear her new dress (she actually has three new ones I bought at Deseret Industries for less than $10 total--so cute) was because we weren't attending church today.  Instead we watched General Conference on television.  Instead, she had to wear a play dress.  Next week she'll get to wear one of the new dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment